Venable LLP is seeking a dynamic Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Trademark Prosecution & Counseling practice group. The Legal Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing comprehensive administrative support to assigned legal staff.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Utilizing quality control measures to produce error-free work consistently and efficiently, including use of spellcheck, checklists, and peer/attorney review; utilize knowledge of client preferences to provide custom practice support
- Assist attorneys with docket management, and collaborating with the firm's docketing department to keep them informed regarding the status of impending deadlines
- Reading, prioritizing, routing, and following up on incoming client communications
- Preparing various reporting/reminder letters and value bills
- Maintaining practice template documents
- Managing daily workflow of assigned tasks, including working in advance of deadlines
- Maintaining electronic and physical files in accordance with firm standards
- Processing new business intake and preparing engagement letters
- Ensuring timely and accurate capture and entry of attorney time
- Coordinating with accounting to complete monthly billing process, including organizing pre-bills for review, making minor edits to narrative, and finalizing and forwarding to client
- Performing administrative duties as needed, including making travel arrangements, processing expenses and invoices, answering telephones, maintaining contact lists, scheduling engagements
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- Minimum of 2-3 years of trademark support experience. Partner-level practice management support a plus.
- Ability to effectively utilize IP docketing software (Inprotech) and USPTO online resources (TESS, TEAS, TSDR, TTABVUE, ETAS)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite; passing scores on Microsoft Word and Outlook assessments
- Proficient knowledge and usage of document management system (iManage)
- Ability to independently and efficiently prioritize workflow, and maintain an organized task schedule
- Superior organizational skills; demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands
- Ability to manage high volume and efficiently prioritize competing demands
Venable holds certain guiding principles central to its hiring and employee development processes. We value integrity, collaboration, professionalism, hard work, and client service at every level. Interested in adding your voice to Venable? We would love to hear from you.