Venable LLP is seeking an experienced Engineer to join our growing IT team. This position is responsible for the overall coordination, design, configuration and implementation of commercial off the shelf (COTS) and SAAS applications. This role is a member of the Enterprise Applications team and will work closely with the architecture, development and IT Service Administration teams to design, build and transition highly available complex IT systems and services.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- The design aspects of all stages of the lifecycle of highly available complex IT systems and services, including investigation, analysis, specification, design, development, construction, testing, maintenance, upgrade, transition, operation and improvement.
- Gathering business requirements for new or changing complex services and systems and translating logical requirements to physical designs, taking account of business requirements, target environments, processes, performance requirements and existing systems and services.
- Working in coordination with IT Service Administration to identify operational support needs and design appropriate solutions, including definition of operational roles/responsibilities/permissions, event management requirements for services and systems, maintenance and operational support tasks for Tier 1, 2 and 3 support.
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- 5 years of experience implementing, administering and supporting multiple enterprise level COTS applications in a multiple office environment.
- 3 years of experience implementing, administering and supporting SAAS applications.
- 5 years of experience with multi-tiered database applications.
- 5 years of experience with Windows Server 2008+ (MCSE is a plus), with advanced understanding of the following areas: Active Directory, File Shares/Permissions, DFS, DHCP/DNS, Application Fault Isolation
- Advanced knowledge of Web Server technologies. Experience with IIS and Apache required.
- Familiarity with ITSM processes supporting Service Design, Transition and Operation
Venable holds certain guiding principles central to its hiring and employee development processes. We value integrity, collaboration, professionalism, hard work, and client service at every level. Interested in adding your voice to Venable? We would love to hear from you.